The North American Camping Conference of Hemophilia Organizations (NACCHO) announced the winners of the 2008 Wyeth NACCHO Cup at its sixth annual conference January 25-27, 2008, in Tempe, Arizona. Camps were selected based on this year’s theme—most innovative educational program/activity teaching campers about bleeding disorders and self-care. The winners were:
- 1st Place Award of $1,500--Tabasco Mexico Camp in Tabasco, Mexico (Global Health Society) for “Your Own Target”
- 2nd Place Award of $1,000—Camp Hot to Clot (Western Pennsylvania Chapter of the NHF, Pittsburgh)
- 3rd Place Award of $750—Camp Independence (Hemophilia Foundation of Nevada, Henderson) for “Freedom Beads”
Camps also won awards for most innovative booths displaying camp programs. The winners were:
- 1st Place Award of $1,000—Camp Ray of Hope (S.T.A.R. Children Relief Organization, Romania)
- 2nd Place Award of $750—Camp Hot to Clot
- 3rd Place Award of $500—Camp Independence
NACCHO is hosted by the Hemophilia Association, Inc., of Phoenix, Arizona. It is the only conference for the bleeding disorders camping community. This year’s conference welcomed 170 attendees, with camping representatives from 10 foreign countries, including the Czech Republic, El Salvador, New Zealand, Romania and the UK.
For more information, go to: www.naccho.com. Wyeth pharmaceutics is the exclusive conference sponsor.