All five pilot site walks for the National Hemophilia Foundation’s 2008 national walk initiative have been held, raising more than $1 million from national sponsors, local supporters and individual donors. The walk season kicked off with the New York City Hemophilia Walk on Sunday, June 1, 2008, and ended with the Hemophilia of North Carolina Walk on Saturday, October 18, 2008.
Final figures for each walk are:
- New York City Hemophilia Chapter: 700+ walkers raised $170,478
- Lone Star Chapter of the NHF: 700+ walkers raised $204,937
- Northern Ohio Hemophilia Foundation: 400 walkers raised $62,007
- Arizona Hemophilia Association: 400 walkers raised $37,583
- Hemophilia of North Carolina: 420 walkers raised $62,851
Hats off to this successful fundraising/awareness campaign. Please visit the Hemophilia Walk Web site to make a donation or find out more about the 2009 Walks.
The national presenting sponsor for the Hemophilia Walk 2008 is Baxter Healthcare. The national premier sponsors are Bayer, CSL Behring, Grifols and Wyeth.