The 2009 Walk season is in full swing. The National Hemophilia Foundation is excited to work with all participating chapters to ensure another successful season. The inaugural season in 2008 drew more than 2,700 walkers and raised more than $1 million from individuals and teams, and national and local sponsors alike.
The 11 NHF Walk sites for 2009 and the chapters hosting them are:
- Arizona Hemophilia Association (Phoenix)
- Central Ohio Chapter of NHF (Columbus)
- Hemophilia Foundation of Michigan (Ypsilanti)
- Hemophilia Foundation of Southern California (LA)
- Hemophilia of Indiana (Indianapolis)
- Hemophilia of North Carolina (Cary)
- Lone Star Chapter of the NHF (Houston)
- Nebraska Chapter of NHF (Lincoln)
- New York City Hemophilia Chapter
- Northern Ohio Hemophilia Foundation (Independence)
- Western Pennsylvania Chapter of NHF (Pittsburgh)
NHF’s Hemophilia Walk is a nationwide event that raises funds and awareness about hemophilia and other bleeding and clotting disorders. Participants raise money for crucial research, advocacy and education by joining together in a fun and festive event.
To find out more about the 2009 Walks, please visit the Hemophilia Walk Web site: www.hemophilia.org/walk. The national presenting sponsor for the 2009 Hemophilia Walk is Baxter Healthcare. The National Premier Sponsor is Bayer.
In addition, NHF has already begun planning for the 2010 Walk season. If your chapter is interested, please send a Letter of Intent of your participation by Thursday, April 30, 2009. All letters will be evaluated by the national office; chapters will then be notified of their acceptance into the program.
Please send Letters of Intent to: Kristin Hokoyama, Development Manager, National Hemophilia Foundation, 116 West 32nd Street, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10001. You can also e-mail or fax them to: email@example.com or 212.328.3788.