Lace up your walking shoes and support an upcoming Hemophilia Walk. The 2009 Walk Season on Sunday, July 12, with the New York City Hemophilia Chapter’s walk. Raising more than $116,000, the chapter hosted between 600-700 participants in Riverside Park, where walkers trekked alongside the beautiful Hudson River encouraged by cheerleaders and onlookers.
Money raised from the walks will provide funding for both local and national initiatives, such as advocating for healthcare reform; funding innovative research; and conducting provider- and consumer-based workshops. The funds also help ensure that the local chapters are able to meet their needs and provide assistance to individuals and families in their communities.
Nine additional walks are gearing up, with two taking place this month. To support one of the remaining events, please visit www.hemophilia.org/walk for more information.
The remaining walks and the chapters hosting them are:
- Hemophilia of Indiana (Indianapolis), September 19
- Lone Star Chapter of the NHF (Houston), September 19
- Western Pennsylvania Chapter of NHF (Pittsburgh), October 3
- Hemophilia Foundation of Southern California (LA), October 17
- Hemophilia of North Carolina (Cary), October 17
- Arizona Hemophilia Association (Phoenix), October 18
- Central Ohio Chapter of NHF (Columbus), October 25
NHF would like to thank its national sponsors for their generous support of the Hemophilia Walk program:
- Baxter Healthcare, National Presenting Sponsor
- Bayer, National Premier Sponsor
- Wyeth, National Supporting Sponsor
- Talecris, National Event Sponsor