Put on those shoes and lace up those sneakers – the 2009 Walk season is in full swing! Six Hemophilia Walks have taken place since July, hosted by: the New York City Hemophilia Chapter, Northern Ohio Hemophilia Foundation, the Nebraska Chapter of NHF, Hemophilia of Indiana, the Lone Star Chapter of NHF and the Western Pennsylvania Chapter of NHF.
The NYC Walk took place on Sunday, July 12th and raised more than $120,000, with more than 600 walkers in attendance. The Nebraska and Northern Ohio Walks both took place on Saturday, August 29th. Nebraska has raised more than $50,000 with 200 participants, and Northern Ohio has raised more than $40,000 with 500 walkers. The Indiana and Houston chapters each hosted their events on Saturday, September 19th. To date the Indiana chapter has raised more than $83,000 with close to 600 walkers, while the Houston chapter has raised more than $170,000 with 1,400 in attendance. The Western Pennsylvania Chapter of NHF has raised $60,000 so far, with more than 350 walkers participating.
Congratulations go out to the Walk Chapters, their Local Walk Event Managers, chapter staff, Board members, volunteers, donors and sponsors who have made the Walks a true success.
The four remaining Walks are:
- Arizona Hemophilia Association (Phoenix) Sunday, Oct 18
- Central Ohio Chapter of NHF (Columbus) Sunday, Oct 25
- Hemophilia Foundation of Southern California (Los Angeles) Saturday, Oct 17
- Hemophilia of North Carolina (Cary) Saturday, Oct 17
For more information about the national Hemophilia Walk program or any of the chapters participating, please visit www.hemophilia.org/walk.
NHF would like to thank its national sponsors for their generous support to the Hemophilia Walk program:
- Baxter Healthcare, National Presenting Sponsor
- Bayer, National Premier Sponsor
- Wyeth, National Supporting Sponsor
- Talecris, National Event Sponsor