The 2011 Hemophilia Walk Season had another successful year. Around the country, 18 chapters hosted 21 Walks and welcomed more than 12,000 walkers. Together they raised more than $2 million from national sponsors, local business support and team/individual fundraising.
NHF extends its thanks to the 2011 participating Walk chapters for their tireless efforts:
· Arizona Hemophilia Association (Phoenix)
· Bleeding Disorders Alliance Illinois (Chicago)
· Central Ohio Chapter, National Hemophilia Foundation (Columbus)
· Florida Hemophilia Association (Miami)
· Great Lakes Hemophilia Foundation (Milwaukee, WI)
· Hemophilia Foundation of Northern California (San Francisco/Berkeley)
· Hemophilia Foundation of Southern California (Los Angeles)
· Hemophilia of Indiana (Indianapolis)
· Hemophilia of North Carolina (Raleigh)
· Lone Star Chapter of NHF (Houston, TX)
· Nebraska Chapter, National Hemophilia Foundation (Omaha)
· New England Hemophilia Association (Boston, MA)
· New York City Hemophilia Chapter
· Northern Ohio Hemophilia Foundation (Cleveland)
· Oklahoma Hemophilia Foundation (Oklahoma City)
· Tennessee Hemophilia & Bleeding Disorders Foundation (Nashville)
· Texas Central Hemophilia Association (Dallas)
· Western Pennsylvania Chapter of NHF (Pittsburgh)
NHF is also excited to announce the participation of five new Walk chapters:
· Hemophilia & Bleeding Disorders of Alabama (Montgomery)
· Colorado Chapter, National Hemophilia Foundation (Denver)
· Idaho Chapter, National Hemophilia Foundation (Boise)
· Nevada Chapter, National Hemophilia Foundation (Las Vegas)
· Rocky Mountain Hemophilia & Bleeding Disorders Association (Bozeman, MT)
NHF’s congratulates all the Walk chapters on a successful 2011 season and wishes even more success in 2012.
NHF is pleased to have Baxter as the National Presenting Sponsor again in 2011, leading our group of national sponsors, which includes: Pacesetter Sponsor Bayer HealthCare; Milestone Sponsor Grifols; Official Sponsor Pfizer; and Supporting Sponsor Biogen Idec Hemophilia.
If your chapter is interested in learning more or joining the Hemophilia Walk program in 2012, please contact: Kristin Hokoyama, NHF Development Manager, 212.328.3711 or firstname.lastname@example.org.