The application for the National Youth Leadership Institute (NYLI) is due on Friday, June 21. We are looking for youth in the bleeding disorders community and their siblings to join this diverse group of upstanding leaders.
The goal of the National Hemophilia Foundation’s (NHF) NYLI is to provide youth in the bleeding disorders community with leadership opportunities to effect change and positively influence others. NHF has designed NYLI to assist young people from the bleeding disorders community to become well-trained, recognized leaders. NHF works closely with young adults through training and support. NYLI members then provide educational presentations and programs to the bleeding disorders community. NYLI provides an amazing opportunity for youth to learn and share experiences of living with a bleeding disorder.
Applicants should be:
- Between the ages of 18-22
- Living with a bleeding disorder, or have a sibling with a bleeding disorder
- Willing and able to travel to each of the trainings and program destinations
- Available for monthly communication
NHF looks for these applicant traits:
- Leadership skills--previous experience with school organizations, sports, etc.
- Volunteer experience
- Academic achievements
- Strong communication skills
- A willingness to stay involved and learn
- Self-starter, sharing ideas and communicating promptly
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Ability to foster and maintain relationships
- An eagerness to work with the bleeding disorders community
To apply, click on this link: http://www.hemophilia.org/NHFWeb/MainPgs/MainNHF.aspx?menuid=320&contentid=993&rptname=nyli
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Christie VanHorne, NHF Manager of Education: email@example.com.
NHF gratefully acknowledges Bayer HealthCare, Pfizer Hemophilia, and the Charles and Mildred Schnurmacher Foundation for their generous support of the NYLI program.