In October Baxter announced the most recent winners of Partnerships for Advocacy and Communications Training (PACT) grants. Run by the Hemophilia Association of New Jersey and supported by a grant from Baxter, the PACT Grant Program provides financial assistance to support advocacy programs in the bleeding disorders community.
The following winners were recognized at the Baxter-sponsored breakfast symposium, “Your Tomorrow Can Start Today: Finding the Moment,” on Saturday, October 31, 2009, at NHF’s 61st Annual Meeting in San Francisco:
- Alaska Hemophilia Association
- Arizona Hemophilia Association
- Hemophilia Council of California
- Hemophilia Foundation of Michigan
- New England Hemophilia Association
- New York State Hemophilia Advocacy Coalition
- Ohio Bleeding Disorders Council
- The Pennsylvania Chapters of NHF
- Virginia Hemophilia Foundation and Hemophilia Association of the Capital Area
Since the PACT Grant Program was launched in 2005, Baxter has provided more than $975,000 for 42 state advocacy initiatives.