Enrich your life by serving others.
The National Hemophilia Foundation is dedicated to finding better treatments and cures for bleeding and clotting disorders and to preventing the complications of these disorders through education, advocacy and research. Established in 1948, we are based in New York City with chapters throughout the country. NHF’s programs and initiatives are made possible through the generosity of individuals, corporations and foundations as well as through a cooperative agreement with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The programs and initiatives of the National Hemophilia Foundation are staffed by talented individuals who have the passion, drive and skills necessary to fulfill our mission. NHF is an Equal Opportunity Employer, appreciates and values individual differences and welcomes diversity in its broadest definition. We are committed to promoting an inclusive organizational environment of dignity and respect.
In order to attract and retain a high performance workforce, we offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment, an excellent benefit package and salary that is commensurate with industry standards.
If you are interested in any of the opportunites listed below, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Senior Accountant (March 11, 2014)
NHF Is now looking for Senior Accountant to join our team. The Senior Accountant ensures compliance to GAAP, the integrity of financial information and systems by performing various accounting functions, including the month-end financial close and reporting. The Senior Accountant also works independently and with the Manager of Accounting to prepare various analyses and presentations concerning financial and operational aspects of NHF. The position is responsible to conduct research, analysis, development, and summarization of financial information for financial reporting and audit purposes and to perform the financial administration and reporting of governmental, foundations, industry and other grants. The position will also collaborate with other Finance staff to produce monthly and quarterly financial reports used by NHF’s leadership team and Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is Required. CPA or masters are preferred.
- Five plus years’ experience in non-profit accounting field.
- High level of competency with QuickBooks, MS Office applications; Word, Excel and other computerized accounting systems.
- Experience with Grant accounting is preferred.
- Must have strong time management skills with ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
- Excellent technical, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP, advance accounting procedures and principles
Executive Director, NHF West Virginia Chapter (March 26, 2014)
The Chapter Executive Director is responsible for directing the daily work activities of the chapter. This person provides the overall staff leadership and is accountable for the successful execution of chapter programs, policies and procedures to ensure a viable and sustainable chapter in the execution of the chapter mission. The Chapter Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the effective utilization of the organization’s financial and human resources. This is the most senior staff position reporting jointly to the NHF and the chapter’s Advisory Board of Directors.
- At least three years nonprofit leadership or management experience including program operations and financial management. Experienced and successful fund-raiser.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent required in business, health or relevant field.
- Broad knowledge of and strong commitment to chapter’s mission.
- Financial expertise in operational budgeting and fiscal reporting.
- Ability to effectively communicate as spokesperson and work with diverse populations.
- Requires exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Skills in strategic planning, directing and managing staff/volunteers, program development and project management including proficiency in computers and technology.
- This position will start as part-time, with the possibility of moving to full-time. Ability to travel and work some nights and weekends. The position is based in the Morgantown area. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.