NHF is looking for a Content Writer to join our team. We are seeking a creative, detail-oriented person who is interested in working to raise the voice and visibility of NHF. This person will be responsible for creating dynamic, well-written copy for NHF’s digital and social platforms, as well as managing and executing communication campaigns.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Create compelling copy for NHF websites, email communications and social media.
- Create schedule of communications to support foundation messaging on monthly basis
- Utilize SEO best practices in all web content to boost NHF presence
- Work across departments to create news stories, draft brochures, informational materials, and marketing materials on NHF activities
- Copy edit, proofread and/or fact check digital editorial content ensuring consistency and clarity
- Copy edit and proofread publications, including educational and promotional material
- Be key point of content between outside vendors and internal staff on communication projects including print and promotional materials, slides, exhibit materials, etc.
- Work with internal departments to understand department priorities and how communications can support/exploit current projects
- Assist the Director of Communications on development of written materials.
- Create and maintain communications calendar
- Manage communications on NHF intranets, including to chapter and board of directors.
- Hold weekly status meetings with department directors
To qualify for this unique opportunity, our ideal candidate should have the following skills, education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Strong communications and digital media background required.
- A minimum of four years of relevant writing and project management experience
- Working knowledge of SEO and how it applies to content marketing
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience in developing workflows and project timelines
- Basic knowledge of HTML and Web CMS platforms