The NHF Education team is proud to officially launch our 2022 Education for Empowerment programming!
The most significant change is that we will be back to in-person facilitation! We are very excited to be back in person at your events and we understand that this will, undoubtedly, require another shift in our approach for next year. So, we have decided to void the series format and return to offering individual workshops. We will also be offering a brand new, revamped set of workshops: keep reading to hear about these workshops.
What We Are Offering
Hot Topic Workshops
The Education for Empowerment team has created a succinct list of “Hot Topic” workshops to offer in 2022
What are these Hot Topic workshops? Our Hot Topics are an ever-evolving list of workshops that will focus on the latest and greatest information in the community. They will be a deeper dive into some of the most talked-about topics, ranging from innovative therapies, to aging, and much more. Please refer to the document below for topics and the official workshop descriptions.
We also want to continue to support our chapters in delivering impactful and engaging local education to the inherited blood disorders community. Thus, we will provide you with additional planning resources.
- Do you need help mapping out the logistics of your event or putting together the most impactful program agenda? Reach out to your NHF liaison for a virtual planning call. We would love to brainstorm and help you bring your ideas to life.
- Are you looking for a specific speaker or topic not covered in our Education for Empowerment program? No problem. Your NHF liaison will be able to provide you with resources and connect you with the right person.
- Are you interested in basic information about various bleeding disorders, ultra-rare deficiencies, or platelet dysfunctions? We have an array of thoughtfully pre-recorded online webinars available that you can easily share with your community members. Your NHF liaison would be happy to guide you through our library and find the best webinar to meet your needs.
The New Structure
Phase I of the 2022 Education for Empowerment program will begin on December 1st, 2021 and end on March 31st, 2022. During this time each chapter can request NHF’s support for one event, for which the chapter will receive a $1,000 stipend. The event can consist of one or multiple workshops requiring no more than 2 different speakers. Our teen and young adult programming will require a minimum of 2 workshops per event. Your NHF liaison will work closely with you to decide on the most appropriate speakers and fitting workshop(s) for your event. The actual delivery of workshops will begin February 1st, 2022.
Phase II of the 2022 Education for Empowerment program will begin on April 1st, 2022 and will end on September 30th, 2022. During this time each chapter can request one or multiple workshops for their event(s) on a first come first serve basis. If multiple workshops are requested these cannot require more than 2 different speakers per event. Our teen and young adult programming will require a minimum of 2 workshops per event. Your NHF liaison will work closely with you to decide on the most appropriate speakers and fitting workshops. The chapters will not receive a stipend for requests made during phase II. No additional requests for 2022 will be accepted after phase II has closed.
What Will Stay the Same?
Much of our process from previous years will remain the same! With your partnership in promoting the events and recruiting community participants, NHF will happily take care of the rest. NHF will provide all content and materials for each requested workshop. We will also find, confirm, organize travel and lodging, and pay speakers to facilitate these workshops.
Your NHF liaison will remain the same this year and be your point person for all matters related to Education for Empowerment. For reference, the map below breaks down chapter liaisons by state.
- December 1, 2021: Phase I launches and you can begin to request workshops
- February 1, 2022: Earliest possible date for a workshop to be facilitated
- March 31, 2022: Phase I ends
- April 1, 2022: Phase II launches, no stipends are offered in this phase
- September 30, 2022: Phase II ends and we will not be accepting any new requests
- December 18, 2022: Latest possible date for a workshop to be facilitated
*Note: While we are closing the request deadline on September 30th, we will still be facilitating workshops until December 18th. You may still request a workshop for November or December, if the request is submitted before September 30th.
Now that we are back in person, we have some new requirements and guidelines to keep in mind before you request. Please review the Guidelines and Requirements document to make sure all required elements are met, prior to submitting your request.
We will be kicking off Phase I and accepting requests beginning December 1st. Your NHF liaison will reach out to you within two weeks to discuss the status and details of your request.
We look forward to collaborating with you all to continue to provide impactful educational programming to our community!