The NYLI application is now open! Please submit your application by clicking "Apply Now" below. Applications are Due: April 30th.
- Be a high school graduate before December 31 AND be between the ages of 18-23
- Living with a bleeding disorder, or have a sibling with a bleeding disorder
- Willing and able to travel to each of the trainings and program destinations
- Available for regular communication via email, phone, and/or webinar
- Be a U.S. resident
NYLI COVID-19 Vaccination Guidelines for Incoming 2022 Cohort
In accordance with NHF's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this requirement to safeguard the health of our employees, volunteers, and their families; the community we serve and our partners; visitors; and the community at large from infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, that may be reduced by vaccinations. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention[i] and local health authorities, as applicable.
To this end, in order for us to plan for a successful program year where numerous in-person events will take place, vaccination against COVID-19 is strongly recommended to participate in the NYLI program; NHF will make reasonable accommodations[ii] if requested. Members joining the 2022 cohort will be required to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or supply the necessary documentation to justify an accommodation. This is necessary for us to plan safe, in- person events or meetings in NHF offices or event venues so that all NYLI participants can enjoy the many benefits the program has to offer. Please direct questions regarding these guidelines to the NHF HR Department.
[i] Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). (2020, February 11). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/communication/guidance.html
Those in need of an exemption from this requirement due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must contact the human resources department to begin the interactive accommodation process as soon as possible. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause NHF undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Those that are not vaccinated and have a documented accommodation, who wish to attend these meetings or events, will be required to test negative from COVID-19 at their own expense within 72 hours of that event, as well as adhere to public health and safety measures that apply to all attendees regardless of vaccination status. These additional measures include social distancing and the wearing of masks during the meeting / event.
- Online application form
- Biographical information
- Resume of activities
- Short essays (7)
- Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form
- Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Letters of Recommendation - Should NOT be from a family member or relative:
- Personal or professional reference
- Representative from the bleeding disorders community**
** If you do not have a representative from the bleeding disorders community, please contact Marlee Whetten at email@example.com or call (212) 328-3735.
- All applications are due on April 30th
- Only completed applications will be considered
Your completed application and all required documents will be reviewed and evaluated by a volunteer review team. Applicants will be contacted in mid-November to schedule a 30-minute interview on Zoom.
NHF will select top candidates exhibiting strong leadership potential and willingness to become active leaders in the bleeding disorders community. The team will be looking for the following characteristics during the application review and interview on Zoom:
- An eagerness to volunteer within and fundraise for the bleeding disorders community
- A willingness to stay involved and learn
- Self-starter, reaching out to us with ideas and communicating promptly
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Ability to foster and maintain relationships
- Strong communication skills
- A commitment to give back by using skills learned in NYLI at your local chapter and/or throughout the bleeding disorders community
Those selected will be notified by early May