A “Mid-Year Hemophilia Update” is the latest educational opportunity available from Medscape. It is intended for hematologists, pediatricians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals who manage patients with hemophilia. The goal of this activity is to discuss the latest advances in the management of hemophilia, with a focus on extended half-life factor products and treatment challenges.
The activity is bookended by a brief survey to assess one’s clinical knowledge before and after the presentation, so that each participant can gauge what they have learned. Upon completion of this activity, participants will:
- Have increased knowledge regarding the
- New clinical findings in some of the more challenging aspects of hemophilia management, such as monitoring, surgery, or inhibitors
- Emerging therapies and approaches for hemophilia
- Demonstrate greater confidence in their ability to
- Individualize prophylaxis based on patient characteristics, lifestyle, and pharmacokinetics
Mid-Year Hemophilia Update
Presented through collaboration between the National Hemophilia Foundation and Medscape
Roshni Kulkarni, MD; Mark Reding, MD; Jennifer Maahs, RN, PNP, MSN
CME / ABIM MOC / CE Released: 9/22/2017; Valid for credit through: 9/22/2018
Access this and other available educational activities by visiting Medscape.org, where registration is straightforward and free of charge. Once registered, you may access Clinical Advances in Hemophilia: Management for Life.