NHF is now looking for an Education Specialist to join our team. In partnership with a manager overseeing the program or initiative, the Education Specialist will develop educational content and create program plans for health education, risk prevention, and capacity building initiatives for people with any bleeding disorder and their support network. This includes leading and collaborating with team members and external partners in the execution of programs and initiatives, including program design, workshop facilitation, training, content creation, live event coordination and evaluation. Educational content is disseminated online, in print, via social media, or live in person. This position gets the opportunity to work across various educational programs and with diverse communities and may include Education for Empowerment in person workshops at chapters, Inhibitor Summits, and NHF’s Bleeding Disorders Conference.
What You Bring:
To qualify for this unique opportunity, our ideal candidate should have the following skills and education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in public health or community service environment.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Experience in project management and program development and execution.
- Self-motivated, critical thinker with keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work with and influence diverse groups of people.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills required.
- Willing and able to travel regularly (at least once a month but often more) to deliver educational workshops across the country, including weekends.
- Fluent proficiency in spoken and written Spanish preferred
What We Offer:
The programs and initiatives of the National Hemophilia Foundation are staffed by talented individuals who have the passion, drive and skills necessary to fulfill our mission. NHF is an Equal Opportunity Employer, appreciates and values individual differences and welcomes diversity in its broadest definition. We are committed to promoting an inclusive organizational environment of dignity and respect.
In order to attract and retain a high performance workforce, we offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment. In addition to a competitive salary, NHF provides a comprehensive health and wellness program to eligible employees, family members and domestic partners. Our health and wellness programs include medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. We also offer generous time-off policies and a 403(b) retirement plan.