The NBDF Education team is proud to officially launch our 2024 Education for Empowerment programming.
What Are We Offering?
We have created a list of “Hot Topic” workshops based on the feedback from our chapters and the blood and bleeding disorders community.
What are the “Hot Topic” workshops? They are an ever-evolving list of educational sessions that will focus on the latest and greatest information in the community. They will include a deeper dive into some of the most talked-about topics, ranging from innovative therapies, to aging, and much more. Please refer to the document below for topics and the official workshop descriptions.
We also want to continue to support our chapters in delivering impactful and engaging local education to the blood and bleeding disorders community.
- Do you need help mapping out the logistics of your event or putting together the most impactful program agenda? Reach out to your NBDF liaison for a virtual planning call. We would love to brainstorm and help bring your ideas to life.
- Are you looking for a specific speaker or topic not covered in our Education for Empowerment program? No problem. Your NBDF liaison will provide you with resources and connect you with the right person.
- Are you interested in basic information about various bleeding disorders, ultra-rare deficiencies, or platelet dysfunctions? We have an array of thoughtfully pre-recorded online webinars available for you to share with your community members. Your NBDF liaison will be happy to guide you through our library and find the best webinar to meet your needs.
What is the 2024 Structure?
With your partnership in promoting the events and recruiting community participants, NBDF will happily take care of the rest. NBDF will provide all content and materials for each requested workshop. We will also find, confirm, organize travel and lodging, and pay speakers to facilitate these workshops. Throughout the planning process, your NBDF liaison will work closely with you to decide on the most appropriate speakers and fitting workshops for your event.
Phase I of the 2024 Education for Empowerment program will begin December 1, 2023, and end March 31, 2024. During this time, each chapter can request NBDF’s support for one event, for which the chapter will receive a $1,000 stipend. The event can consist of one or multiple workshops requiring no more than two different speakers. The actual delivery of workshops will begin February 1, 2024.
Phase II of the 2024 Education for Empowerment program will begin April 1, 2024, and end September 30, 2024, or when the maximum capacity of deliverable workshops have been achieved. During this time, each chapter can request one or multiple workshops for their event(s) on a first-come, first-serve basis. If multiple workshops are requested, these cannot require more than two different speakers per event. The chapters will not receive a stipend for requests made during Phase II. No additional requests for 2024 will be accepted after Phase II has closed.
- December 1, 2023: Phase I launches, and you can begin to request workshops.
- February 1, 2024: Earliest possible date for a workshop to be facilitated.
- March 31, 2024: Phase I ends.
- April 1, 2024: Phase II launches; no stipends are offered in this phase.
- September 30, 2024: Phase II ends, and we will not be accepting any new requests.
- December 18, 2024: Latest possible date for a workshop to be facilitated.
*Note: While we are closing the request deadline September 30, we will still be facilitating workshops until December 18. You may still request a workshop for November or December, if the request is submitted before September 30.
If you are ready to request Education for Empowerment programming for 2024, please complete the form below. Your NBDF liaison will contact you within two weeks to discuss the status and details of your request.
We look forward to collaborating with you to continue to provide impactful educational programming to our inheritable blood and bleeding disorders community.