Meet our National Steering Committee
Inhibitor Education Summits
Registration for the 2019 Inhibitor Summits is closed.
Important, please note:
- You cannot change the meeting you’re attending once you have registered for one.
- Once an Inhibitor Summit is full, ONLY families that have never been to an Inhibitor Summit before will be added to a waitlist. All others will have to wait for the following year’s summit if they haven’t registered by the time the meeting is full.
To register, click on the Inhibitor Summit you prefer to attend:
Thursday, June 6-Sunday, June 9, 2019: Indianapolis, IN - Registration is now CLOSED for the Indianapolis Inhibitor Summit.
Thursday, June 27-Sunday, June 30, 2019: Seattle, WA - Registration is now CLOSED for the Seattle Inhibitor Summit.
Thursday, August 1-Sunday, August 4, 2019: Boston, MA - Registration is now CLOSED for the Boston Inhibitor Summit.
If you’re interested in learning more about our Spanish-language Inhibitor Summit, Viviendo con Inhibidores, please visit the program page.
OVERVIEW OF THIS YEAR’S PROGRAM
Two full days of educational sessions led by experts in the hematology, healthcare and other related fields.
A childcare program for children ages 0-12 years will be provided during the meeting.
Translation will not be provided at the Inhibitor Summit this year, but NHF will be holding an Inhibitor Summit entirely in Spanish called Viviendo con Inhibidores. For additional information on Viviendo con Inhibidores please visit the program webpage.
WHO’S ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
The Inhibitor Summits are open to people with hemophilia A or B with an active inhibitor or an inhibitor that has been tolerized.
It’s NHF’s goal to provide quality inhibitor education to as many eligible families as possible by hosting the Inhibitor Summits. In doing so, we are also conscious of the costs associated with putting on such a unique program and are always trying to create systems to allow for even more families in need to attend. Feedback from past participants as well as the National Steering Committee helped shape the registration and attendance guidelines.
With that in mind, we encourage participants to think critically about who they register to attend, only registering people that are engaged in the affected person’s day-to-day care/support, and who will commit to attending all educational sessions.
Please read the detailed Registration Guidelines below.
If your family has never attended an inhibitor summit before:
- Register people that are engaged in your day-to-day care/support. NHF will be able to reserve up to two hotel rooms for your family, which accommodates up to four people per room.
If the person in your family with an inhibitor is 17 years of age and younger, you may register:
- The affected child (17 years of age and younger with an inhibitor) and,
- Up to two of your child’s primary caregivers (including yourself) and,
- The affected child’s siblings that live with them.
- If any of the siblings have children of their own, they are not eligible to attend.
If the person in your family with an inhibitor is 18 years of age and older (a legal adult), they may bring either:
- Up to three primary support people (spouse, significant other, friend, caregiver--don't have to live with them).
- Please note that each affected adult will only be allowed one hotel room (two beds).
- If the affected adult has children that live with them, they may bring all of their children, but only 1 additional adult support person (spouse, for example).
- If the affected adult has children that live with them, please note that they will only be allowed up to two hotel rooms.
All attendees are required to attend all sessions. If someone in your family does not attend each session, then you and your family will not be invited back to future Inhibitor Summits. If you have any questions, please call 1.877.560.5833
Note: The Inhibitor Summits are for U.S. residents only.
NHF also hosts an Inhibitor Summit entirely in Spanish called Viviendo con Inhibidores. For additional information on Viviendo con Inhibidores, please visit the program webpage.