Meet our National Steering Committee
Inhibitor Education Summits
The 2018 Inhibitor Summits will be held:
Thursday, June 14-Sunday, June 17, 2018 in Miami (CLOSED)
Thursday, July 26-Sunday, July 29, 2018 in New Orleans
Thursday, August 16-Sunday, August 19, 2018 in San Diego* (CLOSED)
*We will host a special morning of sessions focused on current and future treatments for hemophilia B with an inhibitor at the San Diego summit.
You may only register you and your family for one Inhibitor Summit. You may not change summit locations once you have registered, so please choose the dates and location carefully.
The Inhibitor Summits are weekend-long, comprehensive educational programs for people with hemophilia A or B with inhibitors and their support network engaged in their day-to-day care.
The Summits are a place for the inhibitor community to find strength. We want you to be empowered to face the challenges of living with an inhibitor.
WHO’S ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
The Inhibitor Summits are open to people with hemophilia A or B with an active inhibitor or an inhibitor that has been tolerized.
It’s NHF’s goal to provide quality inhibitor education to as many eligible families as possible by hosting the Inhibitor Summits. In doing so, we are also conscious of the costs associated with putting on such a unique program and are always trying to create systems to allow for even more families in need to attend. Feedback from past participants as well as the National Steering Committee helped shape the registration and attendance guidelines.
With that in mind, we encourage participants to think critically about who they register to attend, only registering people that are engaged in the affected person’s day-to-day care/support, and who will commit to attending all educational sessions.
Please read the detailed Registration Guidelines below.
If your family has never attended an inhibitor summit before:
- Register people that are engaged in your day-to-day care/support. NHF will be able to reserve up to two hotel rooms for your family, which accommodates up to four people per room.
If the person in your family with an inhibitor is 17 years of age and younger, you may register:
- The affected child (17 years of age and younger with an inhibitor) and,
- Up to two of your child’s primary caregivers (including yourself) and,
- The affected child’s siblings that live with them.
- If any of the siblings have children of their own, they are not eligible to attend.
If the person in your family with an inhibitor is 18 years of age and older (a legal adult), no more than three support people that are engaged in their day-to-day care may attend, and will only be granted one hotel room.
All attendees are required to attend all sessions. If someone in your family does not attend each session, then you and your family will not be invited back to future Inhibitor Summits. If you have any questions, please call 1.877.560.5833
Note: The Inhibitor Summits are for U.S. residents only. If you live outside of the U.S., we won't be able to accept your application at this time.
Register now by clicking one of the links below. You may only register you and your family for ONE Inhibitor Summit. You are not allowed to change summit locations once you have registered.
Please note: Once you have registered, an NHF staff person will contact you to confirm the details of your registration.
MIAMI: Thursday, June 14-Sunday, June 17, 2018 - Registration for this summit is full.
NEW ORLEANS: Thursday, July 26-Sunday, July 29, 2018 - Register here.
SAN DIEGO: Thursday, August 16-Sunday, August 19, 2018 - Registration for this summit is full.
OVERVIEW OF THIS YEAR’S PROGRAM
- Two full days of educational sessions led by experts in hematology, healthcare, and other related fields.
- New this year: Hemophilia B morning at the San Diego Inhibitor Summit. If you are a family affected by hemophilia B with an inhibitor, please join us. As always, families wanting information on hemophilia B will have relevant content at any of the meetings you choose. However, the specialized morning sessions focused specifically on hemophilia B will only be held the San Diego Inhibitor Summit
- 6 educational tracks, including one just for hot topics. Visit this page to learn more.
- New programming just for teens, planned by teen attendees
- A childcare program for children ages 0-12 years will be provided during the meeting, which will include new and more in-depth educational sessions for older children
- NHF also hosts an Inhibitor Summit entirely in Spanish called Viviendo con Inhibidores. For additional information on Viviendo con Inhibidores please visit the program webpage.
GETTING TO THE SUMMITS
NHF is pleased to offer two subsidized travel options for those attending the summits in 2018:
- Airfare booked through NHF’s travel system directly from your home city to the city the summit is being held in
- Parking at your local airport from the first day of the summit (Thursday) through the last day (Sunday) if an acceptable itemized receipt is provided following the conference.
- Prearranged ground transportation to and from the airport based on your flight arrival and departure times. Note: ground transportation pick-up and drop off times cannot be altered unless your flight is delayed.
- If you choose to drive your own vehicle to the summit, you are eligible to be reimbursed for the following (if appropriate documentation is provided by the expense submission deadline):
- Mileage (a printed map showing the route you took to and from your home is required)
- Tolls (receipts required)
- NHF WILL NOT REIMBURSE YOU FOR MONEY SPENT ON GAS.