Meet our National Steering Committee
Inhibitor Education Summits
The 2018 Inhibitor Summits were held in Miami, New Orleans, and San Diego. Thank you to all of those that attended!
Keep an eye out for our 2019 Inhibitor Summit dates and locations!
The Inhibitor Summits are weekend-long, comprehensive educational programs for people with hemophilia A or B with inhibitors and their support network engaged in their day-to-day care.
The Summits are a place for the inhibitor community to find strength. We want you to be empowered to face the challenges of living with an inhibitor.
NHF hosts three Inhibitor Summits each year. Each summit is in a different location.
WHO’S ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
The Inhibitor Summits are open to people with hemophilia A or B with an active inhibitor or an inhibitor that has been tolerized.
It’s NHF’s goal to provide quality inhibitor education to as many eligible families as possible by hosting the Inhibitor Summits. In doing so, we are also conscious of the costs associated with putting on such a unique program and are always trying to create systems to allow for even more families in need to attend. Feedback from past participants as well as the National Steering Committee helped shape the registration and attendance guidelines.
With that in mind, we encourage participants to think critically about who they register to attend, only registering people that are engaged in the affected person’s day-to-day care/support, and who will commit to attending all educational sessions.
Please read the detailed Registration Guidelines below.
If your family has never attended an inhibitor summit before:
- Register people that are engaged in your day-to-day care/support. NHF will be able to reserve up to two hotel rooms for your family, which accommodates up to four people per room.
If the person in your family with an inhibitor is 17 years of age and younger, you may register:
- The affected child (17 years of age and younger with an inhibitor) and,
- Up to two of your child’s primary caregivers (including yourself) and,
- The affected child’s siblings that live with them.
- If any of the siblings have children of their own, they are not eligible to attend.
If the person in your family with an inhibitor is 18 years of age and older (a legal adult), no more than three support people that are engaged in their day-to-day care may attend, and will only be granted one hotel room.
All attendees are required to attend all sessions. If someone in your family does not attend each session, then you and your family will not be invited back to future Inhibitor Summits. If you have any questions, please call 1.877.560.5833
Note: The Inhibitor Summits are for U.S. residents only.
- NHF also hosts an Inhibitor Summit entirely in Spanish called Viviendo con Inhibidores. For additional information on Viviendo con Inhibidores visit: